Famous Vegan Quotes

‎”I won’t eat anything that has intelligent life, but I’d gladly eat a network executive or a politician.” -Marty Feldman (actor/comedian)

‎”How can you eat anything with eyes?” -Will Kellogg (inventor of Kelloggs Cornflakes)

‎”The human body has no more need for cows’ milk than it does for dogs’ milk, horses’ milk, or giraffes’ milk.” -Michael Klaper

‎”I do feel that spiritual progress does demand at some stage that we should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction of our bodily wants. I abhor vivisection with my whole soul. All the scientific discoveries stained with innocent blood I count as of no consequence.” -Mahatma Gandhi

‎”There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher animals in their mental faculties… The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery.” -Charles Darwin

‎”To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana. When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.” -Buddha


‎”Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.” Thomas Edison

‎”If man wants freedom why keep birds and animals in cages? Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We live by the death of others. We are burial places! I have since an early age abjured the use of meat.” -Leonardo-da-Vinci

‎”If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals. Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.” -Albert Einstein

‎”Animals are my friends and I don’t eat my friends. Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground, and it explodes into an oak! Bury a sheep, and nothing happens but decay. We pray on Sundays that we may have light to guide our footsteps on the path we tread we are sick of war, we don’t want to fight, and yet we gorge ourselves upon the dead.” -George Bernard Shaw

‎”I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals.” -Henry Thoreau

“My refusing to eat flesh occasioned an inconveniency, and I was frequently chided for my singularity, but, with this lighter repast, I made the greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension” “Flesh eating is unprovoked murder.” -Benjamin Taylor Franklin

‎”Flesh eating is simply immoral, as it involves the performance of an act which is contrary to moral feeling: killing. By killing, man suppresses in himself, unnecessarily, the highest spiritual capacity, that of sympathy and pity towards living creatures like himself and by violating his own feelings becomes cruel. As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields.” -Leo Tolstoy

”Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” -Genesis 1:29

Comments